It has been a while ! I am back to work from maternity leave, started teaching for FIT4MOMSCV and have a energetic 7 month old! I wanted to share a recipe that I L I V E D off of ( let’s be honest LIVE off of) all during my maternity leave. These easy vegan bars helped with my milk production, taste amazing and kept me FULL !
Nut Butter Vegan Oat Bar
- 1/2 cup natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup almond butter-the BEST Raw Organic Almond Butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup-my FAVORITE maple syrup
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free REGULAR sized rolled oats – Bob’s Red Mill Unsweetened Flaked Coconut, 12 Ounce (3/4 LB ) 340g
Vegan Chocolate Sauce
- Coconut Flakes
- Cacao Nibs
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 of maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons of cacao
- 4 tables of almond butter
- Line an 8-inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl that is safe for the microwave melt the peanut butter/almond butter and maple syrup for 20-30 secs.
- Add in the oats and fold together.
- Press the oat mixture into the 8-inch pan pressing down firmly.
- Sprinkle some coconut flakes and cacao nibs on top of the oat mixture
- In another microwave bowl, heat the coconut oil, maple syrup, and almond butter.
- Stir coconut oil, maple syrup and almond butter together with the cacao.
- Pour this chocolate mixture over the bars and sprinkle again with coconut flakes and cacao nibs for extra chocolaty goodness!
- Freeze for 30-40 minutes, or until firm. Remove from freezer and slice and ENJOY!